The Standing Committee has just posted the timeline below for our Diocese’s search for its 8th bishop. They are in the process of creating a Search website, to which I will link as soon as I know it has gone live.
Bishop Search Timeline
(as of 5/13/2015)
- May 14-20 Search website goes live
- May 21 Standing Committee meets and appoints search committee (All appointees will be contacted personally and asked to serve)
- June 12 – 13 Search Committee retreat at Lindenwood Center—mandatory (National Church consultant present as facilitator)
- June/July/August Listening Sessions (at least 3, one in each Deanery. All members of the Diocese, Clergy and Lay, including Youth urged to attend). Link to online survey provided for those unable to attend listening sessions.
- August 24 Diocesan Profile completed and posted, criteria for nominations set.
- September 1 Nominations open governed by criteria set by Standing Committee
- September 24 Nominations closed. Background checks and reference calls begun
- November 10-11 Standing Committee receives slate
- November 15 Slate announced to the Diocese
- January 18-22 Walkabouts
- February 6 Election Convention
- June 25 Ordination of 8th Bishop of Northern Indiana (pending Presiding Bishop’s calendar) (Some convenient date after Bishop seated.